HTML to Text only emails...

A company that I do work for, in an effort to protect itself from it's own
lusers, is considering parsing emails so that any external HREFs inside the
email point to http://localhost. They are also going to parse out all
attachments to a central intranet location, where they will be reviewed by
admins for legitimacy before being forwarded to the addressee. Can anyone
see any problems with this strategy? (It sounds valid to me, but I wanted to
make sure I hadn't missed anything before responding)
Thanks,
Grant M.