Worm bait?

Glad to hear I'm not the only one seeing this type of activity. I received 86
attempts to send an email infected with sobig-f from a single host at
virginia.edu (128.143.65.85 to be precise) between 1330 and 2000 Monday.  The
same host has also been attempting to send email with the envelope set to my
tlyons alias and I've been seeing a bunch of undeliverables as a result.

Once I added the offending host to the access file the onslaught of virus
ridden email stopped.  I tried to file a report to their abuse alias but
received disposition notification that the message had been deleted (!!!!).  A
phone call to their IT help desk yielded voicemail - so I'll follow-up
tomorrow AM.

Is anyone else seeing traffic originating from this host?

--Tim

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 at 20:42 -0400 nmeyers at javalinux.net was
heard to utter: