mdadm / raid

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 08:21:44PM -0400, ron.peterson at yellowbank.com wrote:
> I didn't find the mdadm man page very helpful in this regard.  It
> doesn't really detail the specifics of how mdadm will respond to various
> events.  It pretty faithfully tells me when things go awry.  But what
> I'm trying to figure out is, when I fix something, did I really fix it?

Uh, I guess you just have to conclude that if it's not telling you
things are awry, they really aren't...  That's pretty much the normal
mode of Unix software: no information is reported, unless there's
something noteworthy to report...  That said, I'm not really that
familiar with mdadm, so there are, without question, things that it can
do/report that I'm not aware of.  Since no one else here seems to have
much to say about it, I guess you can always ask the developers...

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/