[Banking_and_finance] Daily News 08.26.03 (fwd)

I would hope that now the FBI is involved, the systems were imaged and are
currently being anaylized.  I am more unnerved by reading that the bank was
aware of the issue but didn't take down the site until later in the day.  It
makes me wonder how responsive they are to other customer security threats?

For their sake they better have a current third-party SAS70 or WebTrust
assurance report on-file for the website.

--Tim

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 at 12:41 -0400 Johannes Ullrich was heard to utter:

JU> From: Johannes Ullrich <jullrich at euclidian.com>
JU> To: Timothy M. Lyons <lyons at digitalvoodoo.org>
JU> Cc: BLU Discussion List <discuss at blu.org>
JU> Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:41:51 -0400
JU> Subject: Re: [Banking_and_finance] Daily News 08.26.03 (fwd)
JU>
JU> > "Somebody hacked
JU> > into their webpage from the outside I think. It made it impossible for people
JU> > from the outside to do their online banking."
JU>
JU> I hope there forensics went a bit deeper than that ;-)

dangerous content by MailScanner/Sophos on
mail.digitalvoodoo.org and is believed to be clean.