good JBoss/XDoclet documentation?

I'm trying to learn how to make J2EE applications with JBoss and
XDoclet.  (I had used Sun's J2EE reference implementation when I took
Sang Shin's "J2EE Programming with Passion" online course, but the
deployment tool that comes with the reference implementation is buggy on
Linux.)

I downloaded the "JBoss 3.0 Getting Started Guide" and the associated
template and examples[*].  Reading the guide, it sounded simple: there
was a template demonstrating how to use the XDoclet tags to make a J2EE
application, and you could start your own project by copying that
template.  However, when I downloaded and unzipped the template file,
things got more confusing.

According to the guide (page 28), the template's "/src" directory has
subdirectories "/etc", "/bin", "/meta-inf", "/stylesheets", "/main",
"/client", "/ejb", "/servlet", "/test", "/resources", and "/web".
Actually, some of those directories exist farther down in the directory
tree, and some of them ("/meta-inf" and "/resources") aren't there at
all.

When I run just plain "ant" or "ant main" as the guide suggests, I get a
string of ejbdoclet warnings, complaining that it can't resolve symbols
in various packages beginning with "test".  When I run it a second time,
ejbdoclet runs without error.

Then the guide says "Start the 'testsuite' build target, but make sure
that the template is deployed."  But there is no such target in the
build.xml file.

The next bullet point is "To start the client, go to the 'build/bin'
directory and start the 'run-client' script.  I do so, but I get a
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException."  When I try going to the page
"http://localhost:8080/web-client"; as page 42 suggests, I get a stack
trace in the JBoss console window, and the Web page says "Caugth
exception: Could not dereference object".

AAARGH!

Am I missing something important and obvious?  Are there better
resources out there for me to learn this stuff?

[*]
http://jboss.org/index.html?module=html&op=userdisplay&id=docs/index#free-30x

--
"[Y]ou're reading stuff on the Net, so you accept that you'll run across
some people who use bad words and/or forgot to take their medication."