Spam prevention and privacy on list

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 11:55:07PM -0400, I.M.Walberg wrote:
> Also, is anyone interested in having a Subject prefix (e.g. [BLU]) on the
> list messages to help with their mail?  I'm on quite a few lists and
> having the prefix helps me scan my email quickly (I like to glance over
> everything quickly before sorting it into folders).  Obviously, I am new
> to the list, so forgive me if this has been discussed previously.

I get too much mail to manually sort.

For automatic sorting, there's this great header:

Modifying the subject is also problematic for those of us who use 80
character wide terms... if you want to see the sender, the date, the
size, some flags, and some threading indicators, you're already running
out of room. "Re: [BLU] Fw: " is fourteen chars there.

Sorry to be a grouch.

-dsr-

--
Network engineer / sysadmin available in the Boston area.
http://tao.merseine.nu/~dsr