RAID--quick, cheap, good/fast, pick all 3

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 11:41:36PM -0400, Rich Braun wrote:

> - Using yast2 or an editor, create /etc/raidtab with the following contents:

I've been using mdadm rather than raidtools lately.  I like it.  There's
a good introduction at O'Reilly:

http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2002/12/05/RAID.html

The feature that really sold me is that you can daemonize mdadm, monitor
the status of your array, and have it email you notification of things
like disk failures.  If you blow a disk and don't know it, it won't get
replaced (happens all too easily on remote servers).  This rather
defeats the purpose of running RAID in the first place.

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)
87 Taylor Street               /\\