SSH and changing DNS servers

Our ISP required us to change DNS server addresses
this month.  (Not by telling us,  but by stopping
service on the old addresses.)  When we did this and
restarted our remote server,  it no longer accepts any
ssh access to its ssh ports-- but is processing html
and mail requests fine.

Any insights on why this problem arises and how to
repair it?  Reinstallation of SSH appears to be the
brute force way to resolve it.

Thanks
Hugh Rutledge