linuxfund credit card

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 21:07, Brian Medley wrote:
> A while back someone mentioned a credit card that supports Linux.  This is
> cool, but it gets better.  The card is offered from MBNA and their cards
> have the ability to generate Virtual Numbers.  The Virtual Numbers are
> valid between 1 and 12 months and are given an upper limit on credit
> associated with them.

I hope it doesn't require a Windows only app like Discover or AMEX ;-)

> Go here for the offer: www.linuxfund.org

Well, I will give it a try. Have one 'funny' experience with a
'Greenpeace' affiliate card. Once, the monthly statement came in an NRA
envelope ;-) (credit card company messed up. As expected, they offer
these cards for many different organizations)

> * I believe that not every purchase can be made this way.  One example is
> when the physical card needs to be "swiped" after making a purchase; as is
> common when buying movie tickets online.

Yes. Same for some airline tickets.

Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich at euclidian.com
         support at covad.net