Adding email addresses to a key

Hello:

I was able to add the email addresses.  I also added a small
self-portrait jpg file :-)  The command

> gpg --send sweetser at alum.mit.edu

appeared to tell pgp.mit.edu about my new key.  I think there is
another step here, like me signing it.  If my vague memory is right,
could you remind me about the next few commands to run?  man gpg is
not cutting it for me.

Thanks,
doug