What should I charge?

I'd multiply the w-2 hourly rate ($40-50/hour) by 2 or 3 to come up with
a rough approximation.  Depends on the location and expenses, usually
with low expenses and little traveling (or telecommuting) I'd charge
around $80 per hour, if it's a long commute on-site or they're
unpleasant more.  On contract (1099 basis) you've got to cover
self-employment taxes and benefits.  YMMV.  I don't think there's a
magic formula but don't sell yourself short, its easy to leave money on
the table.

--
Grant Young <grant at toaster-repair.com>