Rebuilding

I'm looking at rebuilding my home server.  Initially installed as RH7.0 on
Alpha (milo, not SRM), and patched like crazy.  Patching new vulnerabilities
has become a PITA as RH isn't providing patches any more.

Choices  - it looks like it comes down to Debian or SuSE.  With SuSE you can
dl part of it for a CD, but I get the impression you gotta finish by
downloading as it goes along.  With Debian you can dl the whole thing & burn
to CDs.

Any comments?  I'm not looking for the religious war, I'd like practical
advice.

MEG