Was "What should I charge?" - how about invoicing software ?

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 12:55:15PM -0400, Dave Gavin wrote:

>  In a similar vein, what do people use to generate invoices ? I've got a couple
> of completed contracts that I'm about to bill the customer for, but I'd like to
> present them with a semi-professional looking invoice... Any ideas ?

I used OpenOffice.

I wrote a letter with my address at the top; put INVOICE in a nice
bold center position, added the client's address, and added a table:

For Work Performed:

DATE	TIME		HOURS		RATE		SUBTOTAL
line 1
line 2
line 3

and then totalled it all up, and asked for payment on Net 15 from the
current date, and added some words to express my appreciation for their
custom.

Final touch: converted it to a PDF, and sent that as well as
snail-mailing a paper copy.

-dsr-