(software jobs) Talented Linux Administrator

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Robert P. Sarao wrote:

> Any school teacher jobs you know of...?

I have heard of pending returements of many senior and respected high
school teachers in the Cambridge school system. People do not know how to
replace them.

My aunt is a kindergarten teacher in the Boston Public School system and
will be retiring in 2004 when she hits the age...and she can't wait to get
out. She's been doing it for over 30 years and has had enough.

Even if I liked kids (I don't) and spoke spanish (I don't) I don't have
that teaching certificate.

> There's another huge cutback
> area...and better yet.. you become a school teacher and those 25+ years of
> paying Social Security become questionable.. Because you can't "double dip"
> even though you worked those years... Paying in... retire as a teacher...?
> Goodbye Social Security.

Wow, I never thought about the Social Security aspect of it. This makes it
even worse. Any politician that says they care about education should
first look at why there is a shortage of skilled teachers, and this SS
thing is a big reason.

I was talking to my electrician/landlord's adult son the other day, who
grew up in Newton and now lives in Bedford. Somehow we got on the topic of
schools. Newton was horrible, so he moved out to Bedford and it is bad
too. He says they spend 60% of the school budget on the 16 'special ed'
kids which deprives the rest of the kids. I was shocked -- I had no idea
it was this unequal.

I grew up in the Berkshires, and in spite of having a mixed experience in
public and Catholic schools, I found the Public schools better in most
ways. Looking around me at the Boston and suburbs and schools, I wonder if
I was at the right time, the right place, or both. I know that if I ever
have kids, they will go to school nowhere near Boston, public or private
schools.

Ok this has strayed very far from the Boston Linux stuff. Sorry.