Emacs LISP & macros

On Monday 13 October 2003 01:02 pm, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> On further investigation:
> M-C-% is bound to Query-replace-regexp,
> BUT... on 2 Red Hat systems I have tried, you cannot type M-C-% (ESC,
> control-shift-%). This does not seem to be a hardware system since I was
> using the same keyboard. It may be a function of the terminal driver on
> Red Hat. (My system is SuSE 8.2).

I was able to do it on my Red Hat 7.3 system, and a Red Hat 7.2 system I
happened to be SSHed into.

Could it be a problem with your terminal program?  Try to ssh to your own
machine (I use konsole) and see if that works.  If that's what you're
already using, try another terminal program.

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "The difference between playing the stock market and
DK KD  the horses is that one of the horses must win."
DDDD   -Joey Adams (1911) US comedian, author "Reader's Digest," 1 Aug.
1985.