TMDA spam armoring / Re: Please confirm your message

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, David Kramer wrote:

> On Monday 20 October 2003 17:52, Chris Devers wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 <<a TMDA bot>> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone else think it's rude to leave this turned on for mailing
> > list addresses?
>
> Yes.  We've had this conversation on the list before, and we all agree
> it is rude.

I remember the incident a few weeks ago. This time around, there isn't any
question about who is doing it, so anonymity isn't the issue. On the other
hand, the tmda-bot wrote to me directly (my fault for hitting "reply all",
I guess) so I'm not sure what a list-level filter can do in this case.

In any event, there's no need to scan for the person like last time,
inconveniencing the list users & list admins in the process. The user in
question is known & probably getting this thread -- maybe s/he'll find a
way to get tmda to be quiet if discuss at blu.org is any of the recipients of
a mail. If so, I'd think that would take care of it.

> > np: 'Suite No. 4 in E-flat Major - Prelude'
> >      by Johann Sebastian Bach
> >      from 'The Cello Suites - Inspired by Bach - Yo Yo Ma'
>
> Must be a long song!

Damn straight, man ;)

Two discs, six suites, half a dozen or so parts each. I don't know much
about classical music, but these solo cello pieces are very nice :)

Chris Devers      cdevers at pobox.com

np: 'Suite No. 1 - Menuett I / II'