Distro comparison

hi.  it's pretty cool to see all these opinions.  i was a little worried
that it was going to become a redhat bashing fest.  for whatever it's
worth, i downloaded http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ and it seems
pretty cool for a desktop / laptop.  free too.  i like that model,
considering i purchased the boxed redhat 8 and 9.  i can't argue the
specs with big dogs like you but have you had a chance to play with it?
(for the rare gui lover who reads the list it looks incredible, my
mickeysoft friends drool.  they're almost converted.  one more big
virus?) i can say from a noob desktop point of view it was way easier to
use than slackware 9 and debian 3.0r1.

at the next meeting i think it would be fun to maybe swap some cds.  i
hate so say i like redhat the best when i've never tried suse or
mandrake.  anybody want to trade some distros?  i can bring some
copies...  eric.