Routing all mail through comcast

Bill Horne wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 08:15:27AM -0400, Rich Braun wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>As I noted in my July posting, which I will repeat below, you don't have to
>>hate Big Brother to hate using an ISP's mail server.  [snip]
>>
>>As for what alternatives to use:  well, do as I do.  I have about 4 lines in
>>my mailertable.  Mail goes point-to-point from my system to the receiver's
>>system except for the few cases I've found that require relay hosting.
>
> [snip]
>
> FYI the list: here's my mailertable. These are the domains I've had to
> send through comcast; everything else goes direct.
>
> anon.lcs.mit.edu smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> aol.com 	 smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> cn.net           smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> earthlink.net 	 smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> flash.net 	 smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> hotmail.com 	 smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> mindspring.com 	 smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> netscape.net 	 smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> nym.alias.net    smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> pbi.net          smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> prodigy.net      smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> redhat.com   	 smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> rr.com           smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> swbell.net       smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> theworld.com     smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> verizon.net	 smtp:smtp.comcast.net
> world.std.com    smtp:smtp.comcast.net

The problem is that this may be a short list, but it probably includes
half the Internet users in the United States (at least when they're at
home), because there are some really big players there (AOL, Hotmail,
Earthlink, Verizon, RoadRunner, Southwest Bell). Maybe it's time to
fight back and start a campaign to refuse email from THEIR domains, for
their refusal to honor Internet standards.