Wireless Network PCMCIA Adapter for Linux

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Peter Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Any suggestion for wireless network pcmcia adapter for
> linux? I plan to put my notebook with wireless
> connection. I couldn't find any support adpater for
> linux.

The ISA-PCMCIA bridges seem to work a lot better than the PCI versions.
Most ISA adapters use the i82365 chipset, which is well supported in Linux. Be
aware that the ISA adapters can't use the Cardbus (32 bit) cards. Most
wireless cards are compatible, but a few are not. If you are interested in
acquiring a brand new dual-slot ISA version still in the package, mfg by
SCM, I have some for $15 each in Cambridge. This is the part that has the
bay in a spare 3.5" floppy section on the front of your system.