What distros support 486 machines?

Heh, I think you would be harder pressed to find hardware that WON'T work
with that configuration :)

Honestly, I think for the time and money you're going to spend looking for
parts for that machine (assuming you have CPU and mobo, you'll still need
a NIC, HD, and RAM), you may want to look at just ordering a cheapo PC
online.

check out http://www.computer-show.com/

I scored a dual-proc P3 for 120 bucks from them.

-joe