good local motherboard source?

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 16:36, Bob Keyes wrote:

> Thanks for the response, but that's not even close to being on the T. I
> have no car.

Hi Bob,

While they aren't local, my previous employer and I have purchased more
than a dozen systems (almost all Athlons/Durons) from these two
companies:

  http://www.unitedmicro.com/
  http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/home.htm

and have had mostly good results.  We had to replace one zip drive and
one power supply but then I think thats typical.

And I'm seriously considering Monarch Computer Systems:

  http://monarchcomputer.com/

for my next purchase given their recent awards from the Linux Journal
and their Linux compatibility stance:

  "Note: It is possible to configure a 100% Linux Compatible
   machine using these configurators. However, due to large
   parts selection and ongoing Linux compatibility issues,
   some parts available may not be fully Linux compatible. No
   need to worry! If you purchase an O.S. from us, we will
   ensure your configuration is fully compatible with the O.S.
   before shipment, and you will be contacted to address any
   compatibility issues that may arise."

I think its nice to see the "bare-bones" sellers going to some length to
guarantee Linux compatibility, even if it does incur some extra cost.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com