good local motherboard source?

I thank my lucky stars to be living in a place like Cambridge, where two local
suppliers are willing to go at it in a cut-throat competition on PC component
prices.

I have done business with each of them since they opened (PCs for Everyone is
actually the reincarnation of Unitech, a 1980s PC-clone shop that wasn't as
good).  They are both far better now than in the past, IMHO, and I haven't
really had problems with them before.  The main improvement they've made the
past few years is to make PC components available in a much broader and less
expensive way.  Unless you were willing to compromise on quality, you simply
couldn't build your own PC for less than a factory-built one until this
competition arose.  Recently.

It appears to be their way of forging a niche against the online competition
and keep their doors open.

But it can only happen in a place where there is a large customer base of
teenagers who like to build their own.  I can't imagine going to a place like
Hartford or Norfolk or even Fort Lauderdale and finding similar options.

* soapboax mode *
Am I naive?  I can't believe someone's complaining about the sky-high $129
price of an AMD **2400+** /with/ motherboard at a local company that's willing
to accept returns no-questions-asked even if your dog gnawed the box and ate
the receipt, and wink-wink it's been a tad over 30 days since the purchase.

Sheesh.

* end soapbox mode *

(I do not work for either of these shops, but I'd find it very sad if either
of them went bust because of, say, their overly-generous customer return
policies.)

-rich