A distribution bytes the dust!

Brendan comments:
| On Tuesday 04 November 2003 12:28, John Chambers wrote:
| > Recently my wife, a long-time Windows user for  job-related  reasons,
| > decided to try a Mac laptop and see if that would decrease her use of
| > obscenities.  She tried one in an Apple store, and ended up  carrying
| > one  home.  Within a few hours, she was saying how much she loved it.
|
| She stole it???
| Can she steal me one too? ;-)

Heh; I can see that I phrased that a bit ambiguously.

But it does occur to me that Apple might be missing a  good
sales approach:  Just lend an iBook or Powerbook to someone
for a few hours, maybe with a bit of instruction on how  to
use some of its sound and video apps. If they've been using
Windows, chances are they'll be back soon, demanding to pay
for the Mac.

Might not work with experienced linux/unix users, though.

 <:#/> John Chambers
   +   <jc at trillian.mit.edu>
  / \  <jmchambers at rcn.com>