Postfix is making me cry

Some more playing around, and I couldn't get even local addresses to work in
aliases.  They're in the aliases file and the aliases file is referenced in
main.cf, and I can grep the db for strings I put in aliases and they match.

I get the mail for uni.thekramers.net loops back to myself, or  User unknown
in virtual alias table, but I just can't get it to recognize anything that's
not in /etc/passwd.

I keep getting different error responses and I keep looking them up and doing
what they say, and then I get the same message or another one, but no joy.

I got desperate enough I acutally uninstalled postfix (that was harder than
you think with all the dependancies) and reinstalling from disk.  Then I
started tweaking again, saving my changes with rcs as I go along.

If I can't get this working by tomorrow night, I'm installing sendmail.  I
hate to give up, but I've been trying for four days to get this working, and
it's screwing me over in so many ways...

Anyone want to make a few bucks or a meal getting postfix/mailman working for
me?

This leads me to my next decision point: I have had enough other problems with
the Suse install that I'm tempted to give up and start over with another
distro, even though I paid money for this.  Pretty much every package I tried
installing that was not specificially for Suse has failed (squirrelmail,
gaim, tmpwatch, ...)

--
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "Books won't stay banned.  They won't burn.  Ideas won't go to jail.