Postfix is making me cry

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 08:02:47AM -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:35:06 -0500
> David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> wrote:
>
> > This leads me to my next decision point: I have had enough other
> > problems with the Suse install that I'm tempted to give up and start
> > over with another distro, even though I paid money for this.  Pretty
> > much every package I tried installing that was not specificially for
> > Suse has failed (squirrelmail, gaim, tmpwatch, ...)
> I thought I gave you the SuSE 8.2 boxed set that SuSE sent me free.

Yes, but I bought the 9.0 upgrage as we talked about.

I just went out and go a full 9.0 professional from Microcenter for
$80 for expediency.  If I can't get that installed and mail working in
one night, then I'm giving up on Suse for good.  If it works then I will
chalk it up to something I did wrong in the first install.  But the fact
that I could not install almost all of the non-Suse things I wanted to install
does not bode well.

Top of that list is the most recent "gaim", because the one that comes with
Suse will no longer work with Yahoo since they changed formats.  Even tried
build the SRPM myself, but there were too many dependencies, some of which
would not install.
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  Love to stay.  Can't.  Have to go.  Kiss kiss, love love, bye.
DK KD
DDDD                                                                   J'Kar