Fw: Looking for a linux Tech Support person posting

Please respond directly to Gary Green <garyg at voltaire.com>

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:05:46 -0500
From: Gary Green <garyg at voltaire.com>
To: jaf at blu.org
Subject: Looking for a linux Tech Support person posting

Hi Jerry-

Matt suggested I talk with you. Would it be possible to post the
following position on BLU?

Thanks,

Gary Green

Voltaire ( <outbind://97/www.voltaire.com>
<outbind://114/www.voltaire.com> www.voltaire.com) is a pioneer in
InfiniBand technology and the leading provider of

InfiniBand solutions to the high performance computing and enterprise
data center markets. We are seeking an individual for the role of

Technical Support Engineer.

ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES RESUME'S WILL BE REVIEWED!

Required skills and knowledge:

* Expert level experience with multiple Linux distributions

* Experience with Clustered computing environments (prefer candidates
with MPI experience)

* Knowledge of networking technologies including TCP/IP, DHCP, bootp,
RSH, http, etc...

Additional Pluses:

* Certifications with various Linux platforms (RedHat, SuSE, etc...),
Relational Database

Platforms (DB2, Oracle, etc...), and Application Servers (WebSphere,
Oracle App Server, etc...)

* Experience with clustered computing environments including MPI

* Experience with high speed networking fabrics including Myrinet,
Quadrics, etc...

* Experience with storage networking including Fibre Channel

To be considered for this role, Please send an email to hr at voltaire.com
with your resume attached in DOC, PDF or RTF format.

Position Overview:

The primary role of the Technical Support Engineer position is to
support our customers, partners, channels and account teams with any

technical issues related to our products. The Technical Support Engineer
will work with our customers to implement appropriate

corrective actions and to perform testing in our lab when necessary.

The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible to ensure that all
issues are resolved or escalated in a timely manner. We are looking

for a top performer, who acts professionally at all times and is
effective at providing technical support over the phone, via email and

on site. Additional responsibilities may include interacting with
product management and helping to improve internal processes.

Summary of Responsibilities:

* Provide Post Sales Technical Support via phone, email and web to
customers, partners, channels and sales teams

* Investigate and resolve incoming issues in a timely and effective
manner

* Assist in the creation of technical documentation (Support Bulletins,
FAQ's, white papers)

* Work within company to constantly improve processes and to ensure
support organization has the necessary resources

* Document all contact activity, including troubleshooting steps and
problem resolution

Voltaire offers competitive compensation based on experience.

To be considered for this role, Please send an email to

hr at voltaire.com with your resume attached in DOC, PDF or RTF format.

*** No phone calls, please. ***

Gary Green

Manager Customer Systems Engineering