RedHat Enterprise Linux

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 05:04, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 20:17, Bill Horne wrote:
> > TWIMC,
> >
> > The "Industrial" version of RedHat, called "Enterprise Linux", is being
> > distributed on a subscription basis for prices starting at $179/year.
> >
> > I don't approve of RedHat putting Linux into a proprietary model, but
> > the company has honored the GPL, and has put the source code on its FTP
> > server.
> >
> > I suggest we (those of us agonizing over what to do when RH9 is dropped)
> > compile the software and distribute it as a BLU linux varient.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22White%20Box%20Enterprise%20Linux%22

Well, that changes my plans for the day.  Now I get a new distro to play
with today rather than spending the day rebuilding RHEL packages.

Now to see if his work fits what I'm looking for.  At the very least,
this proves it can be done, and gives some pointers.

Thanks!

--
Gregory Boyce <gboyce at badbelly.com>