RedHat Enterprise Linux

For all those who are looking at other distros, I do suggest
you give Fedora Core 1 a shot. It was the cleanest installation
of red hat yet (opppsss fedora..) and it really does run faster
than red hat 9. (i.e. my windows pop up quicker, its just a
snappier environment.)

The real issue for me are the updates which Red Hat announced
through their red hat network system. up2date seems to work
from a fedora.redhatsomething.com but I don't have that fuzzy
feeling anymore that I can just wait for my red hat network
alert icon in my gnome panel to turn red when there is a critical
update waiting to be downloaded and rpm-installed on my system.

Does anyone know or have some comments on how Fedora users are
supposed to deal with the updates? I've heard stuff about yum,
but I'm not familiar with it.

Cheers. Steve.

--
Stephen Adler <adler at bnl.gov>