Job Opportunity - Technical Support Engineer

In the past, we refrained from using the discuss list for job postings,
but in light of the economy and the number of unemployed in our ranks.

Begin forwarded message:
Contact: "John Walter" <jwalter at logixinc.com>

	Technical Support Engineer:

	Position Overview:
	The primary role of the Technical Support Engineer position is to
support
our customers, 	partners, channels and account teams with any technical
issues related to our products. The 	Technical Support Engineer will
work
with our customers to implement appropriate corrective 	actions and to
perform testing in our lab when necessary. The Technical Support
Engineer
will be responsible to ensure that all issues are resolved or escalated
in a
timely manner. 	We are looking for a top performer, who acts
professionally
at all times and is effective 	at providing technical support over the
phone, via email and on site. Additional 	responsibilities may
include
interacting with product management and helping to improve 	internal
processes.

	Summary of Responsibilities:
	Provide Post Sales Technical Support via phone, email and web to
customers,
partners, 	channels and sales teams.  Investigate and resolve
incoming
issues in a timely and 	effective manner.  Assist in the creation of
technical documentation (Support Bulletins, 	FAQ's, white papers).
Work
within company to constantly improve processes and to ensure 	support
organization has the necessary resources.  Document all contact
activity,
including 	troubleshooting steps and problem resolution.

	Requirements:
	BS CS/EE or related technical experience preferred.  	Minimum 5-7
years as
a Technical 	Support Engineer (or comparable position) with
demonstrated
success supporting complex 	products/solutions for Resellers,
Partners, OEMs
and large enterprises.  Background in the 	following areas: Linux,
Clustered/Grid computing, SAN storage, IP Networking, 3 Tier
architectures.
A mentality and style that encourages accountability, integrity,
tangible
results, a commitment to quality and to providing exceptional customer
service while multi-	tasking in a fast paced, interrupt driven environment.
Must work effectively as part of a 	team, but be able to exercise
independent judgment within defined procedures and practices.  	Must be
able
to manage priorities and be able to adapt to changing work requirements.
Must 	be able to work in high-stress situations without sacrificing
professionalism, customer 	service or level of detail.

	Additional Pluses:
	Certifications with various Linux platforms (RedHat, SuSE, etc.),
Relational Database
	Platforms (DB2, Oracle, etc.), and Application Servers (WebSphere,
Oracle
Applications 	Server, etc.).  Experience with clustered computing
environments including MPI.

If you have any questions regarding this please feel free to contact me.
Respectfully,
John.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>