RedHat Enterprise Linux

I don't really care how snappy it is, if the support life for that install is measured in months instead of years.  A fresh install for a new box is no big deal.  Pick what makes sense to you.  Upgrading a machine in service is painful indeed.  This makes me think all the harder when picking out a distribution to use.

Check out the reason the group that compiled RHEL into White Box did so.  My thoughts are similar to those of the management of that library.

MEG

"--- begin copied/edited message from Stephen Adler ---"