FreeBSD jail vs. User Mode Linux and Linux-vserver

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 15:33, Seth Gordon wrote:

> Does anyone out there have experience with any of these tools (or any
> other way of achieving the same goal)?

Hi Seth,

Just before I moved here from Colorado, I saw a presentation by the
folks at Tummy.com (makers of the "KRUD Linux" distro) on how they were
using UML for virtual servers.  Their demos were mighty impressive.  I
have no idea about stability or performance -- but they didn't seem to
be having any problems in either of those areas.  And backup the
capabilities (actually, the ability to "snapshot" or "checkpoint" an
entire virtual server) can only be described as "mighty cool!"

So perhaps you should give UML a serious look.  It certainly won't set
you back as much as a VMWare Server license...

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com