Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:26:12 +1100
To: suse-linux-e at suse.com
Subject: Re: [SLE] Linux ver 9 and Squirrelmail

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 16:40, Tage Danielsen wrote:

> I have just opgrated my mailserver from ver 8.1 to ver 9.0
>
> Now I have problem with login from squirrelmail it come with the message bad
> username og passwd.

The IMAP server in 8.2 and 9 won't allow unencrypted authentication any more.

Sensible except that it's a bit pedantic
 when squirrelmail is coming in on localhost.

To fix it either get squirrelmail to use an encryption
 (I don't know how but this problem bit some people
 back when 8.2 came out
 so squirrelmail should be capable by now.

Or, if you've still got a copy,
 put the old binary from 8.1 back
 and only allow access to it on localhost
 in /etc/xinet.d/pop