Compatible motherboards

Okay, you've seen my posts about my motherboard problems.  I now have the
xmbmon working monitoring the temperatures, but USB still doesn't work right
for me.

Reading reviews online, Soyo looks highly compatible and highly featured.
I've seen problems reported with Asus and Abit.

Any specific recommendations for a Socket A motherboard (I have a Athlon
XP2400+)?

Alternately, does anyone know any way to debug the USB problem?  Certain
devices, like my USB flash ram drive (a 256MB Cruzer), and an external USB
hard drive, are seen by usbview, and the motherboard beeps and all, but when
ever I try to access them (by fdisk -l or mount or even cdrecord -scanbus),
the process locks up and not even kill -9 will make it go away (killing its
parent does).

Tanks.

--
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net