iPod on Linux?

So my new company, which I love, just gave everybody iPods.  Of course,
all the developers run Linux - the geekiest of us run it at home, too
:).  Is anybody using an iPod with Linux?  How much usefulness do we
lose?  Frinstance I was already told that the "rendezvous" feature,
which apparently permits listening to each other's tunes, is only part
of iTunes for Windows.  As I wait for my batteries to charge and peruse
sourceforge for iPod references, I figure I'd ask at a higher level and
see if I can avoid having to compile and install a dozen different
packages in search of the one everybody's using.

Duane