Spry.com's VPS Hosting experiences?

Scott Ehrlich <scott at ehrlichtronics.com> wrote:
> What are peoples' experiences / knowledge with spry.com's Virtual
> Private Server service?
>
> I'd may be interested, particularly, in it for IMAP/SSL-based email
> web access for a domain, first for individual use, then, maybe, for
> commercial.   I'm looking at their "vps500" service.

Are you looking for root-level control of a box (virtual dedicated server)? I
noticed the following two on the UML website, and they appear to be good deals.
I have not used them myself however:

http://vps.pigscanfly.ca/ (from $5 mo.)
http://www.jvds.com/petitlinux.php (from $12.50 mo.)

I'd also be interested in any first-hand experience with either of these firms,
as I'm thinking about moving from my present $3 mo. hosting to either of these.

- Bob