How to define which device is /dev/sda

I apologize for leaving that bit of data out of my original email.  I
am working with RHAS 2.1

I have come to the conclusion (although cannot verify until Tuesday) that
some monkeying with /etc/modules.conf (as you have suggested) could fix parts
of my
problem.  However, the initial system load could still suck unless the SAN is
disconnected at that time.  I've tried using a "reserve=0x240,25,0x260,27" to
defeat the
system probe of the QLogic during install, but my syntax is either off or the
kernel
param is not implemented as advertised.  I'll get the answer from IBM on
Tuesday and
report back.

Would you mind posting relevant parts of your modules.conf?