Locating an IP address via SMB

We have an issue here at work where a computer seems to be jumping on
and off our SMB network. Normally this would be ok, but the workgroup
it is setup is, um, undesirable in polite company. We're pretty sure
this is a non-malicious computer, and that someone just doesn't realize
what their workgroup is set to.

Is there a way to configure samba to log the IP's, workgroups, and
computer names of computers it notices on the network? Can I setup a
traffic monitor to do these things? I'm a bit of a novice in the
advanced network administration world, so any pointers would be
helpful.

We've got a pretty basic network topology, with only one sub-domain, so
it shouldn't be too hard to find the offender.

--
Bush/Cheney '04:
Compassionate Colonialism.