Fwd: Quotation of the day for January 17, 2004

Subject: Quotation of the day for January 17, 2004
Date: Saturday 17 January 2004 12:01 am
From: quotationoftheday_request at yahoo.ca (Quotation of the day editor)

"People understand instinctively that the best way for computer
 programs to communicate with each other is for each of them to be
 strict in what they emit, and liberal in what they accept.  The odd
 thing is that people themselves are not willing to be strict in how
 they speak and liberal in how they listen.  You'd think that would
 also be obvious."

 - Larry Wall, inventor of the Perl programming language.

    Submitted by: dglenn
                  Jan. 12, 2004
          Send quotation submissions to quotationoftheday at yahoo.ca