3com pcmcia - dongle part number needed

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Matthew Valites wrote:

> >For a project of mine, I need to come up with about 30 PCMCIA ethernet
> >cards, cheap. There's plenty of used ones on ebay, but few cards include
> >dongles, and the lots of dongles don't indicate which cards they are for.
> >So, if anyone who has a card and dongle, could tell me the card and dongle
> >part numbers, I can figure out what matches up.
> >

> Not sure about other cards, but the 3com cards that use dongles have a
> part number in the form xx-xxxx-xxx.  They're interchangable as long as
> you have a 10/100 dongle with a 10/100 card, and so on.

The ones I can get cheap are 07-0429-000. I can't find any info on it,
other than a vague reference that it is for 100baseT. I hope you are right
about the intercompatibility.

> >And if I do get a huge lot of dongles, I will have some left over, and I
> >will share if they do you any good.
>
> I'd be interested.

OK

> >Also, if anyone knows a source of pcmcia ethernet (can even be 10baseT)
> >cards for less than $5 each in quantity of 30, please let me know.
>
> Why don't you look at the pcmcia cards that don't use dongles?  I think
> you're having a hard time finding them for a reason.  Dongles suck, are
> easily broken, and are easily lost.

Yes they are. But like I said, I need a lot of cards cheap, and the old
ones with the dongles are all that is cheap, as far as I know.