Windows or Linux for parents' PC?

I dont know about your folks, but I'll mention that the primary reason I
can't switch my dad to Linux is his collection of USB toys.  He's always
getting something new that he expects to just plug in and work (his most
recent toy was a set of binoculars that have a digital camera in them).
Many of these USB devices do not have Linux support.  It would be nice if
they all just supported some kind of generic storage driver, but they do
not, for the most part.

If it weren't for that I would switch him to Linux with mozilla, xine or
mplayer, cdparanoia.... in a heartbeat.

-d