GAH! Bash script insanity

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 16:42, Joshua Pollak wrote:

> Any ideas, besides shooting myself and re-writing this in C or
> hardcoding everything?

Your params file looked like a bash script anyhow, so why not either:

a) put your env variables in the system .bashrc
b) have everyone append "source config_file_name" to their .bashrcs
c) have your make system do all of this
d) prompt the user for these values when they kick off the build (eww)

With respect to item c), I'm spoiled by Ant and Java's fairly rational
properties files / resource bundles.

d.