NVidia Bios Flash

Hello all!

Sorry to start a discussion on something other then the NH political events,
but I was hoping I might be able to get some insight onto my dilemma.  I
have been seeing reports of people flashing their NVIDIA Geforce FX5900's
with Geforce FX5950 ULTRA or 5900 ULTRA bios.  Everyone is claiming that
they are the same hardware, just with different bios, which controls the
clock speed, and voltages.  Out of maybe 30 different people I have seen
post information about this, only about 4 have said to have run into
problems, such as artifacts popping up on the screen or lock ups. Everyone
else claims it works like a charm.  If I could successfully do this I would
spend around $170 on a 5900 and get $350 or more 5950 performance.  So my
question is this: Has anyone on here ever done this?  Can anyone prove that
the video cards are the same hardware?  Any insight would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks all.

Eric