IMAP problems with SuSE 9.0

   From: David Kramer <david at thekramers.net>
   Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 22:01:24 -0500

   On Monday 02 February 2004 2:10 pm, Mark J. Dulcey wrote:
   > I remember that Dave Kramer talked about this a while ago, and some people
   > came in with suggestions... what turned out to be the answer to get IMAP
   > to work properly? (Basically, the problem is that the imapd distributed
   > with 9.0 only accepts SSL connections, and the squirrelmail that comes
   > with 9.0 doesn't support SSL, so the two don't play together. In addition,
   > I haven't been able to get the SSL to play with Mozilla at all.)

   (GRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLEGRUMBLE)

   This is the most sore point with SuSE 9.0 for me.  uw-imap has the
   above limitation.  Squirrelmail won't work with it.  My wife's
   Outlook won't work with it.  Evolution won't work with it.  The
   only clients I can get working with it are KMail, pine, and
   Netscape Mail under Windows for my wife (which she hates).

I suspect that the Cyrus imapd supplied with 8.1 has the same problem;
I had the same issues, and had to back off to 7.3.  Anyone have any
other ideas about how to deal with this?

   I was never able to get courier or cyrus working with it either.
   There were some other biggies, but the fact that I could not get an
   IMAP server working (and few would classify me as a newbie)
   frustrates my wife and myself to this day.