When disk IO goes bad

On Friday 06 February 2004 4:15 am, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Duane Morin wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 21:34, Gregory Boyce wrote:
> > > Run "hdparm /dev/hda" (assuming hda is your hard drive here).
> > > Are you running a kernel from a major distro, or something custom?
> >
> > Running Mandrake with 2.4.18.
> >
> > I don't seem to have hdparm?
> >
> > [root at lear log]# man hdparm
> > No manual entry for hdparm
> > [root at lear log]# which hdparm
> > which: no hdparm in (...)
> > [root at lear log]# whereis hdparm
> > hdparm:
> > [root at lear log]# ls -l /sbin/hdparm
> > ls: /sbin/hdparm: No such file or directory
> > [root at lear log]#
> >
> > Wouldn't that be a standard part of the typical distro?

Yes, at least on SuSE

[root at uni /srv/www/bostongeeks]# rpm -q --provides hdparm
base:/sbin/hdparm
hdparm = 5.4-37
[root at uni /srv/www/bostongeeks]# rpm -ql hdparm
/sbin/hdparm
/usr/share/doc/packages/hdparm
/usr/share/doc/packages/hdparm/Changelog
/usr/share/man/man8/hdparm.8.gz

--
DDDD
DK KD  "Apparently the most controversial thing we ever had on _Buffy_