Two Questions

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:38:13 -0500
"Richard R. Malloy" <rrmalloy at comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks for all of the responses.
>
> 'cause you asked:
>

> RH9-2
>

> Laptop ( wireless)
>
> \
>

> /
>                             4-port switch 192.168.0.x subnet -- eth1
>                             --
> RH92 --eth0 ---  Linksys 4-port +  802.11b  (192.168.1.x )
>
> /
>
> |                                    |
> \
>
> W2K
>
> Laser Printer                cable modem               Kid's-Wife's
> PC
>
>  I agree with Jerry it doesn't make sense for that reason.  I just
>  don't
> have a lot of experience configuring Samba. Basically,
> I read a few more pages in the O'reilly book every other month then I
> play. I was just wondering if anybody else had experienced
> this. BTW the disk share have never been a problem it's only after a
> reboot that the W2K box can't find the printer til I
> "./S57smb restart".
Well, samba is easy to restart for the time being. How is the Win2K box
physically connected to your RH9 box?
What does not make sense to me is your network design. Why not use the
Linksys wireless router, and plug the W2K and RH9 directly to it
eliminating the other subnet. In any case, how often do you reboot the
RH9 system?

Your diagram is a bit confusing. You have the W2K box and eth1 of RH9
plugged into the 192.168.0.x subnet. Is the laser printer plugged into
the W2K or RH9 box or on the net?

- --
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group