Gentoo: Installing / Administering on Multiple Machines

Hello, I've been running Gentoo on a personal basis for a very long
time, but I've never used it at work. I would like to propose its use
here at my company to replace our RedHat 9.0 machines.

Is there any documentation around on the best way to install, maintain
and keep mulitple machines up-to date with Gentoo?

We have a heterogenious mix of P3 and P4 machines used as developer
Workstations. I'd like to either do a stage 3 install on each machine
and then keep them synced somehow, or alternatively, build a set of
packages for our lowest-common-denominator machine configuration, and
then install that on each machine. Are there any opinions or docs out
there on how to do that, or is there another, better method?

Thanks,

Josh

--
Bush/Cheney '04: