Sharing Authentication between Windows and Linux

Hello,

My company recently purchased a SnapServer NAS device. We are trying to
migrate all of file server needs to this machine, both for Linux and
Windows machines. The trick is that to enable NFS for our Unix boxes,
we need to enable NIS, but to ensure security, we want to make sure
that the NIS and Windows authentication are syncronized.

We are mostly a Windows shop, and while our sysadmin is surprisingly
open to Linux solutions, Windows solutions probably are preferred.

Is there anyway to have NIS and SMB authentication hosted by the same
machine? How would this be setup on Linux? How would we do this with a
Windows server? Does MS Unix Services provide this?

--
Electronic Voting - If you don't get a receipt, your next election is
on us!