ppp

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 05:20:58PM +0000, dan moylan wrote:
> route showed:
>
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
> 209.244.43.215  *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 ppp0
> 127.0.0.0       *               255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 lo

It seems as though you've correctly assessed that pppd was not setting
up the default route.  The most likely reason is that it hasn't been
told to do so.  To fix that properly, tell it to, using the
defaultroute option.  Find where your system sets its ppp options (a
good start is /etc/ppp/options) and add "defaultroute" to that file.
Though, it's strange that it isn't already doing that...

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/