Formating an NTFS bootable partition

He is the scenario:

I have a notebook with 2 partitions: C & D.
Each of these partitions has a bootable Win XP Pro installed on them.
It is currently dual booted to two versions of Win XP pro. Namely, when I
reboot my system, I get the annoying window which asks me to choose one
of those Windows version to be boot up from.

In preparation for installing linux on Partition D,
I would like to format D-partition (is NTFS), and get rid of the
annoying boot-up selection mention on restart.

Is there any easy way of formation D and getting rid of the bootup
selection menu aside from using softwares such as Partition Magic,...

Many thanks in advance.