Great, now I lost my wireless :-/

>> This runs because Redhat by default keeps kudzu in the runlevels.  You
>> should be able to stop this from happening by going into
>> /etc/rc{2,3,4,5}.d/ and moving the S??kudzu to K??kudzu.
>

> Any reason why one wouldn't make those kinds of changes through
> chkconfig?

Personal preference?  I don't really see what the difference is.  They
both accomplish the same thing.  However, in certain cases it does
matter to change some of that stuff around.  In RH9 for instance, the
network is started before the pcmcia services.  This can be annoying if
you have a pcmcia ethernet adapter.  Sometimes it's nice as well to know
what certain commands actually do.

~Matt